CLP (soon to be PeopleReady) Knows Skilled Trades
HIRING: Marine Sheet Metal Mechanics in Pearl Harbor, HI
Ready to put your skills to work? When you join CLP, you’ll work for large and small companies, national and local, that need skilled tradespeople. You have expertise and reliability. CLP has jobs.
CLP is currently hiring Marine Sheet Metal Mechanics for an upcoming project in the Pearl Harbor, Hawaii area. This is a great opportunity to work at the nearby shipyard, with travel assistance and hotel accommodations provided.
Put your experience to work. Contact CLP today.
Sheet Metal Mechanic Job Description
· Ability to apply and interpret blueprints and welding symbols to properly join metals in accordance with specified procedures and techniques.
· Knowledge, skills, and abilities sufficient to layout, fabricate and assemble sheet metals including but is not limited to, ventilation ductwork, storage lockers, shelves, habitability outfitting, metal joiner bulkheads and doors, messing work, laminate work and non-structural parts.
· Ability to operate shop machinery, such as break presses, rolling machines, flange turning machines, punch presses, spiral duct machine, power shears, crimping machines, drill press, grinding wheels, as well as the ability to drill, bolt, pop rivet, saw, and grind to construct necessary sheet metal components.
· Ability to perform basic geometry and trigonometry mathematical calculations.
· MUST have government security clearance
· All personnel in this group shall be graduates of high school or GED equivalence
· Two (2) years of experience after achieving journeyman status as a sheet metal mechanic. Journeyman’s level of skill is developed from both formal training and work experience.