Nova Group Inc., a Quanta Services company, is an industry leading general engineering construction company with 40 years of experience worldwide. Nova specializes in hydrant fueling, waterfront, electrical and utility military construction projects for the Department of Defense (NAVFAC, ACOE). Nova exceeds customer expectations through innovative construction, safety, quality and outstanding customer service. Headquartered in Napa, CA, with regional offices in Port Orchard, WA, Japan and project locations stretching across the US, as well as internationally, the opportunities are endless with Nova! Nova offers employees competitive health benefits, matching 401K contributions, career advancement opportunities, and endless training opportunities. Individuals who pride themselves on having a strong work ethic, commitment to their integrity, interest in giving back to local communities, and who are willing to relocate for career advancement opportunities should not hesitate to apply!
Are you interested in being able to travel the country while you help build complex projects that better our economy and future? How about having an opportunity to become an employee of a company where your opinion is valued and the CEO will know your name? If this is something that interests you, Nova is looking for individuals who can make a profound impact on our company culture every day.
Nova is proud to offer you:
The Project Administrator is responsible for providing routine on-site administrative duties, and supporting Project Management in day-to-day project operations including, but not limited to facilitating job-related communications with other persons, including subcontractors, vendors, insurers, and clients; for operating office equipment; for assisting the accounting department with job-related bookkeeping; and for performing receptionist/office manager duties and responsibilities for job site office.
1. Assist with tracking and recording field office preparation and administration, including posting of statutory notices, provision of first aid kits, injury repost forms/instructions & OSHA logs, ordering water supply, etc.
2. Together with Project Manager/Superintendent set up and maintain job files.
3. Prepare and file all assigned job-related correspondence and invoices.
4. Assist with entering contract forms, change orders, notices to subcontractors, changed conditions, construction schedules, and purchase orders as assigned, forwarding the same to subcontractors.
5. Assist Project Management with timely contract administration, including but not limited to preparation of statutory notices, compilation and distribution of job packets to new employees, securing signed contracts from subcontractors together with verification of all subcontractor insurance and safety training requirements, and preparation of job invoices.
6. Assist Project Management with all other requested areas of project coordination, including but not limited to attending project meeting as assigned, recording and distribution of minutes of such meetings.
7. Assist PM and field supervisors with dissemination, collection and maintenance of records of project safety training and site inspections.
8. Operate and oversee the proper maintenance and functioning of relevant office machines, including but not limited to those located in Coordinators’ office.
9. Assist with in-person and telephonic reception.
10. Open, sort and forward company mail.
11. Attend all scheduled staff meetings and company functions that arise from time to time, including those scheduled before or after normal work hours (early AM, evenings, weekends).
12. Assume other responsibilities as assigned by Project Management.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
Educational and experience requirements include: Contract administration exposure or equivalent combinations in training and experience preferred. General knowledge of contracting, finance, purchasing, engineering and controls procedures, as well as knowledge of equipment and construction techniques preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills essential.
Background and drug screen required.
Women, minorities and/or veterans are encouraged to apply.