Under the general direction of the Engine Sales Manager, this position exists to sell and manage projects in support of the sales and delivery process of new engines. Prepare and maintain cost proposals, submittals, and schedules for EPG, Industrial, and Marine markets. Perform engineering analysis and design of custom packaged reciprocating engine systems using Caterpillar, Olympian, and other manufacturer’s application and instillation guidelines.
- Actively collaborate in the review and response to RFP’s, RFQ’s, and Projects as directed by the Sales Manager.
- Locate and become informed on all standby projects to be built within our territory or projects outside of our territory involving contractors or engineering firms within our territory.
- Call on electrical engineers to provide technical information on Hawthorne offered products to influence specifications towards Caterpillar or Olympian.
- Utilize the Engineering and Service resources of both HPC and HPS in determining the most cost effective proposal in response to the Developers, Contractors and end user including but not limited to:
- Specification Review.
- Electrical Systems Interface and Design of paralleling, islanding, and black start systems.
- Review and selection of paralleling switchgear.
- Review and selection of PLC supervised and controlled systems.
- Review and selection of SCADA System Interface.
- Maintain an active role in the overall sales, project management and deliver of the proposed solution in accordance with Companies goals and procedures.
- Establish and implement planning necessary to meet contract requirements; to control and complete project on time according to schedule, within estimated hours, budgeted cost and with high quality. Assure design to cost philosophy is implemented.
- Manage overall project execution to contract scope and requirements including terms and conditions performance parameters.
- Establish/lead value engineering and/or margin improvement programs. Lead projects continuous improvement effort and support company continuous improvement efforts and activities.
- Oversee all work performed by internal and external resources. Gives priorities and direction to assigned personnel. Take immediate corrective action if necessary (using proper internal support, etc.)
- Maintain job related documents in an organized manner and in accordance with the procedures established and as needed for each specific project under the direction of the Project Manager.
- Direct and administrative personnel in the preparation of contracts, purchase orders, and engineering submittals and operating manuals, per contract requirements.
- Prepare and transmit site mechanical and electrical plans, schedules, detailed equipment drawings, and submittal for use by the customer, contractor, and end user as needed.
- Develop detailed vendor cost proposal for outside purchased items.
- Review vendor and contractor proposals for accuracy.
- Participate in job walks, coordination of meetings, and site visits to support the overall sales process and equipment startup.
- Work with Fabrication and Service Shop in the assembly, testing and startup of equipment as required by the specifications.
- Estimate and track work schedules with emphasis on the completing assigned projects in a timely and professional manner.
- Identify resources needed to maintain project schedules and commitments.
- Prepare detailed records of all project and engineering documents.
- Work with various file formats to integrate information into a common drawing.
- Prepare information for submittal, engineering review, as-built documentation and final operation and maintenance manuals in support of specific projects using electronic files.
- Maintain daily activity summary for supervisors and work with the individual project managers in completing assignments, as directed.
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred.
- Ability to coordinate own and others’ actions, manage own time and manage personnel resources.
- Strong understanding and expression of written and verbal English sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Must have the ability to communicate technical information as related to environmental permitting, electrical performance, and mechanical system installation and operation.
- Knowledge of industrial electronics a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD, and similar databases required.
- Must have a valid Hawaii “Class 3” Driver’s License with a good driving record.
- Ability to maintain a flexible attitude and approach towards assignments and successfully operate under ambiguous guidelines.
Applicants may be required to pass a written and/or oral examination before being considered for employment in this position.
- Walking and moving about on foot often through uneven terrain.
- Handling: Seizes, helps or works with hands.
- Lifting: Raises or lowers miscellaneous documents.
- Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction.
- Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees or waist
- Standing: Remains in standing position if required to perform various functions of the job.
- Climbing: In and out of equipment.
- Vision: Read documents.
- Talking: Communications by radio, phone and in person.
- Sitting: Sits at desk. Sits in equipment and in vehicles.
- Noise: Works in conditions with constant or intermittent noise.
- Temp/Weather: Works in an office environment and outside with variations of temperature and weather.
- Exposure: Foul odors, fumes and harsh substances.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Reasonable accommodations for essential functions of the position will be considered.
Hawthorne Cat® is an Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
Hawthorne Cat® Participates in E-Verify.