POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general direction of a Supervisor, this candidate primarily performs helper duties for skilled employees in the service department. They may at times, perform unskilled or semiskilled duties. During this period, they shall attend all training classes.
- Cleans parts with various pieces of cleaning equipment supplied by HPC.
- Keeps work areas clean and orderly
- Assist skilled employees as directed by a supervisor in the removal and installation of components.
- Assists in ordering parts.
- Attend training classes as directed and obtains passing grades in all by the end of the six (6) month training period.
- Safety and housekeeping.
- Must own and be able to use a basic set of hand tools suitable for the use in the repair of heavy duty equipment.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Must have six (6) months to one (1) year’s experience in performing servicing, preventative maintenance, vehicle and equipment inspection work including mechanical repairs on automotive or diesel equipment vehicles.
- PC skills required.
- Must have a valid Hawaii “Class 3” Drivers License with a good driving record.
TESTING REQUIREMENTS: Applicants may be required to pass a written and/or oral examination before being considered for employment in this position.
- Walking and moving about on foot often up and down stairs and through uneven terrain.
- Hands/arms operating equipment, hand and power tools.
- Handling: Seizes, helps or works with hands.
- Lifting: Raises or lowers miscellaneous equipment parts and tools.
- Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction.
- Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees or waist.
- Standing: Remains in standing position if required for certain repair or maintenance work.
- Climbing: In and out of equipment.
- Vision: Read work tickets, parts and service books and operate heavy equipment.
- Talking: Communications by radio, phone and in person.
- Hearing: Hears well enough to discern mechanical problems for safety in and around
- shop and construction sites and to receive communication by radio, phone and in person.
- Sitting: Sits in equipment and vehicles.
- Laying: Lies in prone position under vehicles and equipment.
- Lifting: Up to 60 lbs. daily, frequent exertion.
- Noise: Works in conditions with constant or intermittent noise.
- Temperatures/Weather: Works in & outdoors with variations of temperature and weather.
- Exposure: Foul odors, fumes and harsh substances.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Reasonable accommodations for essential functions of the position will be considered.
Hawthorne Cat® is an Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
Hawthorne Cat® Participates in E-Verify.