POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general direction of the Service Manager, this candidate with little or no supervisor, will perform duties as assigned by management in the repair, maintenance and/or rebuilding of equipment in the service shop or field, in a safe, efficient and capable manner in the least amount of labor hours necessary and without re-do. This position requires work to be completed within a time that is established as targets by HPC.
- Be capable of troubleshooting mechanical problems in Caterpillar, allied products and Ag & Turf and industrial products serviced by the service department.
- Make warranty recommendations and prepare reports when performing warranty service jobs.
- Perform Minor welding, fabrication, plumbing and D.C. electric repairs.
- Attends training classes as directed and obtains passing grades in all before progressing to the Technician 2 level.
- Recondition or overhaul major components to manufacturer's specifications.
- Will be able to recommend action to correct the failure or problem.
- Adhere strictly to HPC Safety, housekeeping, credit and other rules, policies and procedures.
- Maintains a favorable business relationship with customers, suppliers and personnel from other HPC departments.
- Equipment Condition Reporting.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing results as needed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Must have one year's experience in performing servicing, preventative maintenance, vehicle and equipment inspection work including mechanical repairs on automotive or diesel equipment vehicles.
- PC skills required.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License & clean driving record required.
TESTING REQUIREMENTS: Applicants may be required to pass a written and/or oral examination before being considered for employment in this position.
- Walking and moving about on foot often through uneven terrain.
- Hands/arms operating equipment, hand and power tools.
- Handling: Seizes, helps or works with hands.
- Lifting: Raises or lowers miscellaneous equipment parts and tools.
- Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction.
- Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees or waist.
- Standing: Remains in standing position if required for certain repair or maintenance work.
- Climbing: In and out of equipment.
- Vision: Read work tickets, parts and service books and operate heavy equipment.
- Talking: Communications by radio, phone and in person.
- Hearing: Hears well enough to discern mechanical problems for safety in and around shop and construction sites and to receive communication by radio, phone and in person.
- Sitting: Sits in equipment and vehicles.
- Lying: Lies in prone position under vehicles and equipment.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: Lifting: Up to 60 lbs. daily, frequent exertion.
- Noise: Works in conditions with constant or intermittent noise.
- Temp/Weather: Works in a warehouse and outside with variations of temperature and weather.
- Exposure: Foul odors, fumes and harsh substances.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Reasonable accommodations for essential functions of the position will be considered.
Hawthorne Cat® is an Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
Hawthorne Cat® Participates in E-Verify.